Stammposter

Re: Sodom - Genesis XIX (27.11.2020)

Beitrag von Porcupine »

costa
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von costa »

Der ganze Diskurs um diese Sache ist so ein Unfall. Ich lösche gleich das Internet.
How can I have disbelieved the wrong egg thing?

Letterboxd - My life in film.
Porcupine
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von Porcupine »

costaweidner hat geschrieben: 02.09.2021 13:50 Der ganze Diskurs um diese Sache ist so ein Unfall. Ich lösche gleich das Internet.
Finde ich so pauschal schwierig, weil ich nicht weiß worauf du dich beziehst. Den von GTS verlinkten Artikel finde ich gut und wenn das was der Autor über das Festival schreibt stimmt (wovon ich ausgehe), dann ist das schon deutlich mehr als ein Kavaliersdelikt, wenn sich eine bekannte, "unpolitische" Band dafür hergibt. Kotzt mich gerade derbe an, da ich wie gesagt Primordial eigentlich immer klasse fand.
costa
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von costa »

Porcupine hat geschrieben: 02.09.2021 14:28
costaweidner hat geschrieben: 02.09.2021 13:50 Der ganze Diskurs um diese Sache ist so ein Unfall. Ich lösche gleich das Internet.
Finde ich so pauschal schwierig, weil ich nicht weiß worauf du dich beziehst. Den von GTS verlinkten Artikel finde ich gut und wenn das was der Autor über das Festival schreibt stimmt (wovon ich ausgehe), dann ist das schon deutlich mehr als ein Kavaliersdelikt, wenn sich eine bekannte, "unpolitische" Band dafür hergibt. Kotzt mich gerade derbe an, da ich wie gesagt Primordial eigentlich immer klasse fand.
Ja klar, das war dummes Timing von mir. Den Artikel finde ich auch vollkommen richtig.
Ich hatte vorher eine nervtötende Diskussion dazu woanders gelesen, das war gemeint. Wollte nur meinen allgemeinen Frust darüber ablassen. :D

Thunderforce
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von Thunderforce »

Finde den Artikel auch gut.
Die Komnentare hingegen kann man sich wie üblich besser schenken, zumindest zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt
If you twist, you fail. Twisting equals tears.
Musiksammlung | Letterboxd | Bandcamp
danny212

Beitrag von danny212 »

wollte den Link zum Artikel auch gerade posten.
der hat viel Handfestes und Fakten zu bieten.
Manchen Bands nehme ich ihre naivität ab, aber Tom den ich (eigentlich) sehr respektiere & schätze!
Aber das hier und vor allem das Statement passt nicht!
GoTellSomebody
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von GoTellSomebody »

Falls man gedacht haben sollte, lächerlicher als Sodom ginge es nicht mehr…:

Hello all!

We have been contacted by some (not all) artist agencies/managements, these agencies represent some of the bands which should perform in Steelfest 2022.

NOTE! So we havent talked with BANDS straight about this issue below. We do not know what all band`s or its member (related to these agencies) think about this situation.

These 2-3 agencies had mainly one message. Steelfest should re-consider its lineup “or”.

As I have asked from these 2-3 agencies "I understand completely your point of view, and would like to hear your opinion on which bands in particular you feel are the problematic” we got two lists of bands, some of the agencies didn’t reply.

So, we got different lists which included totally 12 different bands what Steelfest should “reconsider”. 12 bands I should “reconsider/cancel” and then maybe more lists to come.

Steelfest can not negotiate or let “third party” effect/decide, which band can play or not in Steelfest or any our events. Also, realized that I am guilty of creating a way too controversial mix to handle for these agencies. This genre is just money to them.

So, we have to stop this. We cannot be tied to this kind of conversation and controlled by any “third party” and we cannot allways check from agencies or etc. and their “professionals”, or measure any kind of social pressure might some artist receive, which band is ok to play in Steelfest or not.

As we “cut” this conversation it means that we will have cancellations to come for Steelfest 2022.

Social media pressure specially on parts of world is strong and as one wise guy said to me “it all goes nuclear, no one will want to be in the blast zone with you”. We are staying and we know may of you are staying with us. Never ending support of Steelfest audience, volunteers, artists, staff and support of local community etc. etc.

Again we do not have accusations towards the bands, for some of them this is their job, agencies decide big part of that and in the end its all about money and social pressure. We do know that many do not want to cancel but thay have a lot of pressure from many sides.

Steelfest have made it extremely clear in the past that we reject any political movements or racist ideologies that people want to portray our artistic creations as parts of.

We are and will be targeted as we will not pick a side as all sides are equally repulsive, nor will we ever apologize for our past, present and future artistic choices.

The performers at a typical music festival are mostly chosen based on their popularity. A popular artist draws more audience in, thus increasing the profit margin for the festival organization. This will often lead into a situation where a typical music festival chooses only risk-free and typical artists year after year, causing everyone to lose in the long run.

Steelfest, however, is not your typical music festival.

When we started Steelfest in 2012, we wanted to bring more choice and diversity to the metal festival audience as a fan and a music lover myself. To bring forth and support bands I personally liked or bands that had caught my interest, and simultaneously to offer a meaningful choice among the then-stagnated Finnish metal festival field. As Steelfest has kept growing steadily for the past nine years, I believe this has been a good and welcomed decision.

I consider myself being a creative person, and I think Steelfest as one of the vents I channel my creativity into. Like a painter sees the empty canvas in before him, I always think what new thoughts, feelings and possible discussion the artist roster of each festival year could also bring besides their music.

Whenever choosing the artists, I always want to dive deep beneath the surface, and sometimes the results aren’t beatiful or easily digested. The content may feel controversial, tearing or even infuriating to some, especially for them who are not willing to comprehend any deeper meanings behind it or share the same possible interpretations. Nevertheless, it is impossible to imagine me personally sharing the same vision or even understanding it with each of the tens and hundreds of artists I have been working with during the last nine years. The artists, who have always been selected solely due to their art despite of my personal worldviews.

As Steelfest is purely a music festival, it has been confusing at times to see how much discussion and debate it has caused in a non-musical discourse. Not surprisingly, during the years we have received our own share of controversial feedback from the both extreme sides of the political field. The criticism towards such issues as artist roster and artists’ personal lives has reached us at times, but we also haven’t avoided getting threats from people who think that artists from certain nationalities or artists having a certain skin color shouldn’t be allowed to perform. The latter example may sounds baffling to some, but among all this it is a good reminder that Steelfest has never been about catering to certain extremist groups but always about musical aesthetics.

Some of these extremist groups, however, seem to imply that by pressuring, accusing and even sabotaging the festival will finally bring a consensus on who is allowed to perform at the stage. When a band shares the same stage with an ”artista non grata”, they are condemned for ”accepting the artist’s views” by some twisted logic, and are carrying this eternal stigma from then on. And at the end, we are facing a situation where the only acceptable artists are the ones who are approved by these extremist groups- until the criteria changes and the rope gets a bit tighter, of course.

It would be intellectually rather lazy to just state that ”by not booking controversial artists you avoid all the criticism and threats”. I understand perfectly well that some of the performers at Steelfest may have caused irritation, anger and even sheer hate based on how they have expressed their personal thoughts. Yet, I don’t believe that by only booking bands based on their approval from certain groups would bring us a sustainable festival or musical diversity.

A Finnish politician once brought up the concept about ”art based on well-being” in opposite to ill-being, and expressed her concerns on it’s absurdity as a possible societal demand. I would kindly ask the opposers of Steelfest to think for a second what that would mean in a democratic society and how we would live in a dystopia where the purpose of art is to be solely odourless, flavourless and perfectly safe.

-Steelfest-

Quelle: Steelfest Open Air Facebook
Apparition

Beitrag von Apparition »

Naja, was will man da auch anderes erwarten? Der bucht gezielt Nazibands auf sein Festival und soll dann sagen "Ups, das ist aber blöd gelaufen"? Die ganze Veranstaltung dient doch einzig dem Zweck, NS-Ideologie in der Mitte der Szene zu legitimieren und die entsprechenden Bands dort zu verankern, und wie es scheint, gelingt das ja auch. Also bedient man die selbsternannt unangepassten und Möchtegernrebellen und packt dazu die vorhersehbare Rechtsaußenrethorik aus.
That is delightful news for someone who cares.
Dead_Guy

Beitrag von Dead_Guy »

Feindin

Beitrag von Feindin »

Tom hat immerhin Realschulabschluss. :D
Da versteht er vermutlich, wenn der Steuerberater ihm sagt daß er mehr in Deutschland verliert, als er in Finnland verdienen kann.
Memory, prophecy and fantasy -
the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is wisdom.
To use it is the Art.
costa
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von costa »

Apparition hat geschrieben: 02.09.2021 19:17 Naja, was will man da auch anderes erwarten? Der bucht gezielt Nazibands auf sein Festival und soll dann sagen "Ups, das ist aber blöd gelaufen"? Die ganze Veranstaltung dient doch einzig dem Zweck, NS-Ideologie in der Mitte der Szene zu legitimieren und die entsprechenden Bands dort zu verankern, und wie es scheint, gelingt das ja auch. Also bedient man die selbsternannt unangepassten und Möchtegernrebellen und packt dazu die vorhersehbare Rechtsaußenrethorik aus.
Im Ernst und ohne das verteidigen zu wollen: Ich bin mir nicht mal sicher, ob der Typ das Ziel hat, Neonazi-Ideologien in der Mitte der Szene unterzubringen. Also das passiert natürlich zwangsläufig durch solche Scheiße, aber ich bin relativ überzeugt, dass der den Bullshit da oben exakt so glaubt. Und wenn er es nicht tut und du recht hast, dann gilt das zumindest für die meisten Leute, die da hingehen und sich einen drauf keulen, dass da Nokturnal Mortum spielen, weil die ja so tolle Musik machen. Die WOLLEN nicht zwingend NS-Ideologien in die Szene bringen, aber sie machen es halt möglich. Und dann tun sie beleidigt und meinen "oH, dAnN bIn IcH wOhL aUcH eIn NaZi." Nee, bist du nicht, aber halt eine Arschgeige.

Porcupine
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von Porcupine »

costaweidner hat geschrieben: 02.09.2021 22:19
Apparition hat geschrieben: 02.09.2021 19:17 Naja, was will man da auch anderes erwarten? Der bucht gezielt Nazibands auf sein Festival und soll dann sagen "Ups, das ist aber blöd gelaufen"? Die ganze Veranstaltung dient doch einzig dem Zweck, NS-Ideologie in der Mitte der Szene zu legitimieren und die entsprechenden Bands dort zu verankern, und wie es scheint, gelingt das ja auch. Also bedient man die selbsternannt unangepassten und Möchtegernrebellen und packt dazu die vorhersehbare Rechtsaußenrethorik aus.
Im Ernst und ohne das verteidigen zu wollen: Ich bin mir nicht mal sicher, ob der Typ das Ziel hat, Neonazi-Ideologien in der Mitte der Szene unterzubringen. Also das passiert natürlich zwangsläufig durch solche Scheiße, aber ich bin relativ überzeugt, dass der den Bullshit da oben exakt so glaubt. Und wenn er es nicht tut und du recht hast, dann gilt das zumindest für die meisten Leute, die da hingehen und sich einen drauf keulen, dass da Nokturnal Mortum spielen, weil die ja so tolle Musik machen. Die WOLLEN nicht zwingend NS-Ideologien in die Szene bringen, aber sie machen es halt möglich. Und dann tun sie beleidigt und meinen "oH, dAnN bIn IcH wOhL aUcH eIn NaZi." Nee, bist du nicht, aber halt eine Arschgeige.
Hat nicht weiter oben jemand geschrieben dass ein Mitglied einer Faschoband Mitveranstalter des Festivals ist? Wenn das stimmt, glaub ich von dem Statement kein Wort. Die vermeintliche Opferrolle liegt den Nazis ja bekanntlich gut, das ist Teil ihrer Strategie.
Dead_Guy

Beitrag von Dead_Guy »

Soweit ich das verstanden habe ist der Mann hinter SW Mitveranstalter.
Thomas L

Beitrag von Thomas L »

Dead_Guy hat geschrieben: 02.09.2021 21:34 Sodom haben abgesagt.
Melechesh auch.
Und bei Samael wartet man wohl noch irgendwie auf ein Gespräch mit dem Promoter:
"We don't believe in censorship, but we want to distance ourselves from extreme political views that go against everything we stand for. At the moment, we're waiting for the festival promoter to make a decision."
monochrom
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von monochrom »

Samael sind zum Glück auch raus.
I, too, wish to be a decent manboy
Antworten