Iced Earth - Jon Schaffer stürmt das Kapitol

Das Forum für die traditionellen Spielarten des Metal
HannibalLecter91

Re: Iced Earth - "Incorruptible" (Mitte Juni)

Beitrag von HannibalLecter91 »

Stu Block hat ein weiteres Statement veröffentlicht: https://www.facebook.com/stublockoffici ... 4916581551
Stu Block hat geschrieben:First I want to thank everyone for the amazing support you have shown. Unfortunately It has come to my attention in recent days about a screenshot someone made. There were some very obsessive hateful people posting the screenshot that I did have to remove from my social media. I do want to extend my apologies for the poor way I worded two Facebook posts on January the 6th. I’m human and I make mistakes. My wording was absolutely misunderstood and not properly thought out on my part and I know people and media can interpret things differently. At that moment I saw a historical thing happening that perhaps would cause divide amongst people everywhere so I sent love out to everyone as well. I quickly took the post down after I realized that the post I put up with good intentions to encourage discussion about what was happening at that moment was severely misinterpreted by some. This was all happening before I found out about the horrible line that was crossed that day by protesters. I also carelessly misread a comment someone posted on my official Facebook page and replied incorrectly and for that I am sorry. I was in the heat of the moment. In the post, the commenter said: “Are you condemning what happened today Stu?” I replied: “and where in my statement would you get that impression?” In the craziness of responding to so many comments, some very hateful in nature which were also coming at me in rapid fire, I read the word as “condoning” which I DO NOT!! I see that this inaccurate misinterpreted screenshot has been shared on various social media pages and I want to go on record to say this AGAIN:

I absolutely DO NOT condone nor do I support ANY acts of violence or anything else that ANY protester or rioter was involved in on January 6th at the US Capitol building.

If you follow me, you know I am generally a man of Peace, Kitties and Music. I do believe in peaceful protest and expressing your grievances , I believe in questioning authority when it’s appropriate, but I also believe that it should be done in a peaceful, respectful and intellectual manner and within the confines of the law. Again I apologize for any confusion. That’s it that’s all. I have been and will be taking a social media break and this is the only time I will ever address this inaccurate misinterpreted screenshot. Much Love and Stay Strong. ❤️

Stu Block ❤️
Yin

Beitrag von Yin »

HannibalLecter91 hat geschrieben: 11.01.2021 22:41 Stu Block hat ein weiteres Statement veröffentlicht: https://www.facebook.com/stublockoffici ... 4916581551
Stu Block hat geschrieben:First I want to thank everyone for the amazing support you have shown. Unfortunately It has come to my attention in recent days about a screenshot someone made. There were some very obsessive hateful people posting the screenshot that I did have to remove from my social media. I do want to extend my apologies for the poor way I worded two Facebook posts on January the 6th. I’m human and I make mistakes. My wording was absolutely misunderstood and not properly thought out on my part and I know people and media can interpret things differently. At that moment I saw a historical thing happening that perhaps would cause divide amongst people everywhere so I sent love out to everyone as well. I quickly took the post down after I realized that the post I put up with good intentions to encourage discussion about what was happening at that moment was severely misinterpreted by some. This was all happening before I found out about the horrible line that was crossed that day by protesters. I also carelessly misread a comment someone posted on my official Facebook page and replied incorrectly and for that I am sorry. I was in the heat of the moment. In the post, the commenter said: “Are you condemning what happened today Stu?” I replied: “and where in my statement would you get that impression?” In the craziness of responding to so many comments, some very hateful in nature which were also coming at me in rapid fire, I read the word as “condoning” which I DO NOT!! I see that this inaccurate misinterpreted screenshot has been shared on various social media pages and I want to go on record to say this AGAIN:

I absolutely DO NOT condone nor do I support ANY acts of violence or anything else that ANY protester or rioter was involved in on January 6th at the US Capitol building.

If you follow me, you know I am generally a man of Peace, Kitties and Music. I do believe in peaceful protest and expressing your grievances , I believe in questioning authority when it’s appropriate, but I also believe that it should be done in a peaceful, respectful and intellectual manner and within the confines of the law. Again I apologize for any confusion. That’s it that’s all. I have been and will be taking a social media break and this is the only time I will ever address this inaccurate misinterpreted screenshot. Much Love and Stay Strong. ❤️

Stu Block ❤️
Quasi auf der Maus ausgerutscht. Ist ok, kennt man ja auch hierzulande.
borsti

Beitrag von borsti »

Das ist als Distanzierung deutlich genug, wie ich finde. Ist dann auch gut. Er hat sich keines Verbrechens schuldig gemacht und sowas wie eine Kontaktschuld in Bezug auf Schaffer halte ich ohnehin für absoluten Schwachsinn.
TMW316

Beitrag von TMW316 »

Die englische Sprache. ;) Condemning und condoning kann man auch mal verwechseln.
Ich muss sagen, ihr freut euch vollkommen zurecht.
Es ist immer wieder eine Freude uns auf der Bühne zu sehen.
Alphex

Beitrag von Alphex »

An sich ja. Hier im Thread hatte jemand aber was von "Seems Jon is leading the way" gepostet; wurde das wirklich geschrieben, oder war das eine fehlgeleitete Erinnerung an den Beitrag, der im Screenshot ersichtlich ist?
"Wenn man in der Metalszene unterwegs ist, dann bekommt man quasi NIE politische Statements zu hören. Auch deswegen liebe ich diese Szene so. Politik ist dort nunmal kein Thema. Fast schon ein Tabuthema."
ReplicaOfLife
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von ReplicaOfLife »

Alphex hat geschrieben: 12.01.2021 13:53 An sich ja. Hier im Thread hatte jemand aber was von "Seems Jon is leading the way" gepostet; wurde das wirklich geschrieben, oder war das eine fehlgeleitete Erinnerung an den Beitrag, der im Screenshot ersichtlich ist?
Ich hatte das nochmal erwähnt, ich bezog mich dabei auf diesen Beitrag im DFF-Forum:
https://forum.deaf-forever.de/index.php ... st-2392375
Aber das habe ich vermutlich missverstanden: Dort steht nur, dass es aus den Kommentaren zu Stu's 'History in the making'-Post stammt.
Ich hatte das aber vorher schon irgendwoanders gesehen, da war es ein Screenshot. Aber da Stu's Post nicht mehr da ist, und ich mir nicht gemerkt habe, wo ich den Screenshot gesehen hatte, kann man das nun alles nicht mehr nachprüfen.

Insofern sag ich mal lieber mea culpa.
Which aircraft crashes more into mountains?
Alphex

Beitrag von Alphex »

ReplicaOfLife hat geschrieben: 12.01.2021 17:06
Alphex hat geschrieben: 12.01.2021 13:53 An sich ja. Hier im Thread hatte jemand aber was von "Seems Jon is leading the way" gepostet; wurde das wirklich geschrieben, oder war das eine fehlgeleitete Erinnerung an den Beitrag, der im Screenshot ersichtlich ist?
Ich hatte das nochmal erwähnt, ich bezog mich dabei auf diesen Beitrag im DFF-Forum:
https://forum.deaf-forever.de/index.php ... st-2392375
Aber das habe ich vermutlich missverstanden: Dort steht nur, dass es aus den Kommentaren zu Stu's 'History in the making'-Post stammt.
Ich hatte das aber vorher schon irgendwoanders gesehen, da war es ein Screenshot. Aber da Stu's Post nicht mehr da ist, und ich mir nicht gemerkt habe, wo ich den Screenshot gesehen hatte, kann man das nun alles nicht mehr nachprüfen.

Insofern sag ich mal lieber mea culpa.
War kein Angriff, ich würde nur seine entschuldigenden Worte skeptisch betrachten wenn er zuvor Jon explizit angefeuert hätte. Aber scheinbar ja nicht. Hachja, schwierig das alles.
"Wenn man in der Metalszene unterwegs ist, dann bekommt man quasi NIE politische Statements zu hören. Auch deswegen liebe ich diese Szene so. Politik ist dort nunmal kein Thema. Fast schon ein Tabuthema."
David Lee Hasselhoff

Beitrag von David Lee Hasselhoff »

Bei dem ganzen Rambazamba um Schaffer, war ich doch neugierig mal wieder in meine staubigen Iced Earth Alben reinzuhören. Musikalisch finde ich das heute nicht mehr so prall. Schaffer spielt viel zu steif und erstickt den Groove mit seinem Spiel. Mit dem Schlagzeug geht das selten Hand in Hand, was bitter ist, wenn der Bass nur so nebenher mitläuft. Funktioniert eigentlich nur bei den schnellen Sachen. Da aber gudd. Muss sich mal locker machen, der Mann.
HannibalLecter91

Beitrag von HannibalLecter91 »

Glaurung

Beitrag von Glaurung »

Wow. Schön mit Pfefferspray Polizisten angegriffen. Pimmel.
In my dreams i was drowning my sorrows... but my sorrows they learned to swim.
GoTellSomebody
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von GoTellSomebody »

Das wird dann hier wohl ein Thread der Erinnerungen.
Schnabelrock

Re: Iced Earth - Jon Schaffer stürmt das Kapitol

Beitrag von Schnabelrock »

"Disrupting the Orderly Conduct of Government Business"

widerrechtliche Störung der Arbeit von Verfassungsorganen ... das ist dann mal eine eigene Baustelle. Zudem ja im weiteren Sinne bewaffnet.
Sollte sich das betätigen (spricht ja alles dafür), wird das sicher eine Weile Knast bringen.
In dubio contra googlio.
ReplicaOfLife
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von ReplicaOfLife »

Was ein Pansen. :hmpf:
Which aircraft crashes more into mountains?
Sixx72

Beitrag von Sixx72 »

Ich dachte immer das Ted Nugent der größte Vollpfosten der Nation ist, aber Schaffner reiht sich da jetzt ohne Probleme mit ein.
Wie kann man nur so abdrehen, wenn mal als Musiker eh so im Fokus steht? :rot:
Für Iced Earth dürfte die Fan Base dadurch bestimmt nicht größer werden...denke eher das Gegenteil wird passieren.
Flossensauger

Beitrag von Flossensauger »

Sixx72 hat geschrieben: 18.01.2021 11:11
Für Iced Earth dürfte die Fan Base dadurch bestimmt nicht größer werden...denke eher das Gegenteil wird passieren.
Wieso? Potentiel schon mal 74 Millionen allein in den USA.
Antworten