Mogwai - Atomic (01.04.2016)

Punk, Rock, Nu Metal und Konsorten toben sich hier aus
Antworten
Rhisdur

Mogwai - Atomic (01.04.2016)

Beitrag von Rhisdur »

Mogwai today announce the release of their new album Atomic on 1 April via Rock Action in CD, double gatefold LP and digital formats. The album is composed of reworked versions of the music recorded for the soundtrack to director Mark Cousin’s acclaimed documentary Atomic: Living In Dread and Promise, which first aired on BBC Four last summer.

Constructed entirely of archive film, Atomic is an impressionistic kaleidoscope of the horrors of our nuclear times - protest marches, Cold War sabre-rattling, Chernobyl and Fukishima - but also the sublime beauty of the atomic world, and how x-rays and MRI scans have improved human lives. Mogwai’s soundtrack encapsulates the nightmare of the nuclear age, but its dreamlike qualities too. It is the latest in the band’s series of impressive soundtracks and scores, following acclaimed albums Les Revenants (The Returned) and Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait.

Cousins says of Atomic, the film: “I’m a child of the nuclear age, and in my teens I had nightmares about the bomb. But physics was my favourite subject in school, and I nearly studied it at university. Learning about the atomic world excited me. It was like abstract Star Wars.”

Mogwai’s Stuart Braithwaite says: “The Atomic soundtrack is one of the most intense and fulfilling projects we've taken on as a band. Ever since we went to Hiroshima to play and visited the peace park this has been a subject very close to us. The end results, both the film score and the record are pieces I'm extremely proud of.”

Mogwai - Atomic tracklisting
1. Ether
2. SCRAM
3. Bitterness Centrifuge
4. U-235
5. Pripyat
6. Weak Force
7. Little Boy
8. Are You A Dancer?
9. Tzar
10. Fat Man
Professor Longhair

Re: Mogwai - Atomic (01.04.2016)

Beitrag von Professor Longhair »

Hohe Erwartungen hab `
Rhisdur

Beitrag von Rhisdur »

Meine Erwartungen wurden erfüllt. Zwar sehr viel Electro-Spielereien, aber auch schöner Einsatz genrefremder Instrumente wie z.B. die Pauken im Opener. Das schwarze Vinyl hat auch einen absolut ordentlichen Klang.
Professor Longhair

Diese Elektro-Spielereien sind mir fast zu viel .... !! Dennoch spannendes Album, das noch mehr Durchläufe braucht.
Axe To Fall

Beitrag von Axe To Fall »

Ich packe es mal hier rein: neues Album "As The Love Continues" am Freitag:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWjzlJEmmxM

Na schauen wir mal.
Professor Longhair

Echt jetzt ? Hab ich noch nirgendwo gelesen. Lass`ich mir gefallen.
A L B I

Beitrag von A L B I »

Das neue Album gefällt mir wieder sehr gut :)
Antworten