BEHEMOTH - The Satanist (2014)

Das Knüppelforum für alle Death/Black/Thrash/Grind Fans
Bongripper

BEHEMOTH - The Satanist (2014)

Beitrag von Bongripper »

Polish extreme metallers BEHEMOTH have set "The Satanist" as the title of their tenth full-length album, due in the fall via Nuclear Blast in Europe and Metal Blade in North America. The CD is being recorded at Hertz studio in Bialystok, Poland with the help of the Wieslawscy brothers and Daniel Bergstrand (MESHUGGAH, IN FLAMES, SOILWORK, STRAPPING YOUNG LAD).

"It took us over two decades to come up with a title that… says it all," comments BEHEMOTH guitarist/vocalist Adam "Nergal" Darski.

"While our new songs artistically take surprisingly adventurous directions, our message stands steadfast — proud and radical.

"'The Satanist' stands for undying yearning for liberation and love for freedom in all aspects of life.

"Considering all our life experiences that often took dramatic curves, I couldn't think of more appropriate and fitting statement of who and where we are now."

In an interview with Rock N Roll Industries conducted aboard Barge To Hell extreme-metal cruise, Darski stated about the songwriting sessions for BEHEMOTH's next album: "I'm really thinking about my record. I'm dreaming my record, I'm eating my record, I'm shitting my record… I mean, everything just comes to the same thing: this artistic release that's gonna take place in the fall. That's the plan. … I'm so hyped and I'm so into delivering new stuff. I have this thought: every time I come up with a new theme or a new song idea, I think it's actually better than the one before. So I hope that this process stops at a certain point and I'm, like, 'OK, over. This is it. We're working on this bunch of songs and that's it.' Because this way I can go on forever."

In an April 2012 interview with Metal Blast, Nergal offered more information about BEHEMOTH's mindset going into the next album. "We want to take our time and not rush ourselves in any way," he said. "It looks like it might be the most important album in our career. I want to make the most honest record and I won't be bending to anyone's rules or expectations, including [BEHEMOTH's record labels] Metal Blade or Nuclear Blast. Every next BEHEMOTH album is a surprise and is never the same. . . We don't want to stress ourselves because the music business and the direction it takes is not as I would like it to be. That means we will be going against the current again and just do as we will and please. Whatever we do is going to be BEHEMOTH, 100%. It is the state of our will and nobody can deny it. I can tell you that we aren't going to come out with a reggae or country album; it's going to be BEHEMOTH, it's going to be extreme. But don't be surprised if people listened to it and said, 'Fuck, they did it. It's so amazing.' [laughs] That's what I like to say when I listen to my own music. I love to surprise myself. I hate things that are predictable. I want to surprise myself and surprise other people, as well. . . Don't get me wrong, I am a huge AC/DC fan and I expect AC/DC to be AC/DC, but don't expect BEHEMOTH to put out another 'The Apostasy', 'Demigod' or 'Evangelion' album, because that will not happen."
Zuletzt geändert von Bongripper am 19.03.2014 09:24, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
SATAN WORSHIPPING DOOM
Mitglied der gemeinnützigen Organisation "Wahre Fußballfans gegen Vereinsfarbenblindheit"
NegatroN
Stammposter
Stammposter
Re: BEHEMOTH - The Satanist (VÖ: Herbst 2013)

Beitrag von NegatroN »

Sehr gut, ich bin gespannt.
And we’re bored of the fireworks
We want to see the fire
We’re long past being careful of what we wish for
evilb666

Beitrag von evilb666 »

Da bin ich auch sehr gespannt!

Titel ist allerdings... nuja... :hmpf:
Bild
SushiFish

Beitrag von SushiFish »

Uh, ich freu mich!
Decapitated Saint

Beitrag von Decapitated Saint »

Das wird knackig..
SHEOLDAEMON

Beitrag von SHEOLDAEMON »

Zusammen mit der neuen Carcass DIE Alben, denen ich dieses Jahr wirklich entgegenfiebere!!!
Evil never dies...it just sleeps!
SigFog

Beitrag von SigFog »

Bin ich auch sehr gespannt drauf! Titel stört mich komischerweise nicht, obwohl ich wahrscheinlich bei jederer anderen Band darüber lachen würde...
Music is not just a product but a passion
Apostasy Records - http://www.apostasyrecords.com
Decapitated Saint

Beitrag von Decapitated Saint »

Nergals Ausflüge in die Promiwelten , polnische Musik Contests, etc. nerven und machen Ihn manchmal zu einer Lachnummer.
Ein begnadeter Songwriter und ein sehr intelligenter Mensch ist er zweifelsohne.
Die Scheibe soll allerdings stillistisch ( lt. Medienberichte) ein kleiner Schock werden.

Nergal ist ja Morbid Angel Fan, hoffentlich kein Techno :D
JAYMZZ

Beitrag von JAYMZZ »

Wird sowas von verhaftet. Evangelion ist immer noch eines der besten Death Metal Alben der letzten 10 Jahre.
THE POWER OF THE RIFF COMPELS ME

PÖHLER!
SHEOLDAEMON

Beitrag von SHEOLDAEMON »

JAYMZZ hat geschrieben:Wird sowas von verhaftet. Evangelion ist immer noch eines der besten Death Metal Alben der letzten 10 Jahre.
Sehe ich auch so! Ich hoffe nur, dass die "Experimente", sofern sie denn stattfinden nicht zuuuuuuuu gewagt sind! :prost:
Evil never dies...it just sleeps!
Dimebag666

Beitrag von Dimebag666 »

Decapitated Saint hat geschrieben:Nergals Ausflüge in die Promiwelten , polnische Musik Contests, etc. nerven und machen Ihn manchmal zu einer Lachnummer.
Ein begnadeter Songwriter und ein sehr intelligenter Mensch ist er zweifelsohne.
Die Scheibe soll allerdings stillistisch ( lt. Medienberichte) ein kleiner Schock werden.

Nergal ist ja Morbid Angel Fan, hoffentlich kein Techno :D
Polnische Folklore, oder wie? *g*

Ich freu mich drauf.
Sulfura

Beitrag von Sulfura »

Behemoth...Behemoth... :kratz: nö, von denen hab ich noch gar nix :ka:
Rotstift

Beitrag von Rotstift »

Sulfura hat geschrieben:Behemoth...Behemoth... :kratz: nö, von denen hab ich noch gar nix :ka:

*Sulfura des Threads verweis* :rot:
Mille millions de mille sabords!

Music is no good if it can't be sung by the human voice in some way. (John Tavener)

Im übrigen bin ich der Meinung dass die AfD der politische Arm des Rechtsterrorismus ist.
Sulfura

Beitrag von Sulfura »

Das wäre aber irgendwie kontraproduktiv :clown:
JAYMZZ

Beitrag von JAYMZZ »

SHEOLDAEMON hat geschrieben:
JAYMZZ hat geschrieben:Wird sowas von verhaftet. Evangelion ist immer noch eines der besten Death Metal Alben der letzten 10 Jahre.
Sehe ich auch so! Ich hoffe nur, dass die "Experimente", sofern sie denn stattfinden nicht zuuuuuuuu gewagt sind! :prost:
Hehe. Ja, so ein Illud divinum insanus II brauche ich auch nicht. :prost:
THE POWER OF THE RIFF COMPELS ME

PÖHLER!
Antworten