My Dying Bride

Das Knüppelforum für alle Death/Black/Thrash/Grind Fans
Thunderforce
Stammposter
Stammposter
Re: My Dying Bride

Beitrag von Thunderforce »

:D
If you twist, you fail. Twisting equals tears.
Musiksammlung | Letterboxd | Bandcamp
Porcupine
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von Porcupine »

Großartig. :D
NegatroN
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von NegatroN »

Many of you have been wondering what has happened to the band since we cancelled all our shows back in late 2017. Well, here is the answer.
In September 2017 my beautiful little daughter, just five years old, was diagnosed with cancer. This event devastated the whole family as well as close friends and of course all of My Dying Bride and related colleagues. A black hole of worry and panic opened up before me and I was fearful of what was to come. The horror that surrounds this terrible disease is real and brutal and relentless.
The highly destructive but very necessary poison that is chemotherapy was started and after a time, surgery removed the main tumour but it had spread. Early 2018 a second major operation was needed to finally get rid of the visible mass but cells were still in her body so radiotherapy took place to destroy these. The side-effects of both chemo and radio therapies left her a broken and sorry little thing and my heart was aching like never before. As the father of a deeply sick child, I was on the brink of total implosion.
After the worst year of our lives, and stress beyond belief, we were gifted the news that so many other people never get; she is clear. She has beaten one of the cruellest of Gods bitter and loveless creations. Despite this positive outcome, there will be years of tests and potential complications which may result in many returns to hospital. I will fear for her every day for the rest of my life and hope that when I finally go to my grave she will be a strong and forthright woman.
We really need to thank the wonderful people at the NHS Childrens Hospital in Leeds for everything they have done and also the wonderful Candlelighters, childrens cancer charity for their endless and loving support.
The band took a small hiatus at the devastating news but gradually began to muster forces and start work on the next LP which we can happily tell you all, is well under way and in fact, is almost complete. I have not taken part in any writing as yet but will return to the fold this week, pen in hand and a new focus and eagerness to fulfil my role as wordsmith and vocalist for this remarkable band. We have returned!

Cheers
Aaron
And we’re bored of the fireworks
We want to see the fire
We’re long past being careful of what we wish for
Porcupine
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von Porcupine »

Ohgott, das schmerzt ja schon beim Lesen. Das sind Erfahrungen, die manwirklich niemandem wünscht.
Zum Glück ist es in diesem Fall gut ausgegangen.
NegatroN
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von NegatroN »

Kompletter Horror.
We want to see the fire
Disbe
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von Disbe »

Ach du heilige...
Mögest du in interessanten Zeiten leben.
Raubfisch
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von Raubfisch »

Als Vater einer kleinen Tochter ist mir grad beim Lesen richtig schlecht geworden. Zum Glück ist es für die Familie gut ausgegangen.
moo-ah!
oger
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von oger »

Worst case...
BlackMassReverend

Beitrag von BlackMassReverend »

Das habe ich vorhin auch gelesen, und kurz danach erreicht mich ein Ticket einer Klientin, deren 1-jährige Tochter verstorben ist.....
:(
1989 haben wir komplett durchgesoffen !
NegatroN
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von NegatroN »

Facebook hat geschrieben:Jeff Singer to drum new My Dying Bride album!!

My Dying Bride have recently had to part ways with Shaun Steels due to unresolvable drumming issues. Jeff Singer (Kill2This, Paradise Lost and Blaze amongst others) has kindly agreed to step in. Since Jeff’s addition the album has (musically) been completed and pre-production is now going great guns, lyrics and vocals are understandably still in the making but the band can prepare for the studio professionally now having 90% of the music in place and all drums complete. A quote from the band simply says “Jeff has been a light in a dark room, he breathlessly and seamlessly plays with the new music and intuitively seems to know what we're asking for, he has removed a lot of unnecessary pressure from the band in an already testing time. At last something good happens” There are no definite recording dates as yet and still no song titles or album title. But it appears the band is forging forward.

Merry Christmas indeed!!
We want to see the fire
lost

Beitrag von lost »

Find ich gut. Ich mochte Jeff sehr bei Paradise Lost! Sympathischer Kerl und ein guter Drummer.
Antworten