Kenn Nardi "Dancing with the past"

Das Knüppelforum für alle Death/Black/Thrash/Grind Fans
A L B I

Re: Kenn Nardi "Dancing with the past"

Beitrag von A L B I »

Facebook

Due to production, timing and logistical issues the Evening With ANACRUSIS concert will not be released in a physical form at this time after all. The current status of things like postal delivery, production delays and more have made it extremely difficult to release a product like this right now and I know fans have already waited many months to see it. Everyone who pre-ordered copies will receive a full refund by tomorrow. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

The concert will however be available for streaming via VIMEO instead. This will include an option to see the bonus material intended for the deluxe blu-ray edition. This is just a much more sensible way to make the show available at this time. More details to come.
A L B I

Beitrag von A L B I »

Guys, the fact is you are all fans of a long-defunct and never all-that-popular band.
You "get us" and we truly love you all for that.
I mean that. There just is not a huge demand for ANACRUSIS. Not then and especially not 30 years later.
However, we know that there are true fans who love what we created and that was the whole reason for not only the show, but for me personally to document it for everyone scattered abroad who could not join us in celebrating our music being reissued last December. I thank God that we were even able to this before the world fell apart.

I have literally spent hundreds of hours on this project and am excited to share it with everyone.
The editing process included 4 hours of video times 10 cameras for the show itself, then there is the audio clean-up and mix on 28 songs with 3 different drummers, plus 17 video clips comprised of synced video taken from more than 20 old VHS tapes.
It is absolutely the biggest project I have ever worked on and is intended to be an exhaustive overview of the band and our music.
I understand that we all want things this way or that or in this format or that one and try to accommodate as many fans as possible.
Believe me, after spending endless additional hours on the packaging and disc authoring, etc no one is more disappointed than I am but it simply doesn't make any sense to try and release this myself.

I appreciate that you guys want to help support me and the bandand our releases, but this really is a labor of love for me in the truest sense.
It really is only about the "art" for me as corny or cliche as that may sound. Same for the other guys. They indulge me and allow me to do this sort of thing which I appreciate.
I get to let off some creative steam and they don't go broke. Its a win/win.  

This was a VERY special show and something that I feel any fan of the band will enjoy watching. Having all the guys be a part of it was fantastic and a beautiful ending for the band.
You cannot watch the encore "Fighting Evil" without seeing how much fun we all had. Probably the most enjoyable 5 minutes I've ever had on stage.
So rather than wait another month or more, plus another 2 weeks or whatever for product to reach your doorstep, I'll just make it available now.

Vimeo makes the most sense because it can be viewed world-wide and on most any device including roku, etc for those of you don’t enjoy watching everything their phones or tablets.
I will try make the regular and extended versions of the show available (the extended version has the same songs, but includes parts of the video introductions segments that we played before the 3 parts of the show).
I will also make the bonus material available either as part of the extended version or a cheap stand-alone option.
I plan to offer week-long rentals because it is a long show and for those who want to watch it over and over, there will be the option to download and own it for much less than the cost of the discs and shipping.
The show should be available for streaming in the coming days instead of weeks.

Thanks for understanding. You guys really are the best."
Apparition

Beitrag von Apparition »

Sehr schade, aber irgendwo auch verständlich. Dann wird es für mich der Download.
That is delightful news for someone who cares.
Ghost_in_the_Ruin

Beitrag von Ghost_in_the_Ruin »

Och nö, das ist ja doof.

Habe meinen Download-Code gestern noch eingelöst und das über zweieinhalb-Stunden lange Konzert auch zumindest mal angefangen. Werde es mir am Wochenende dann mal in Gänze reinziehen, aber ich hätte die Blu-Ray schon gerne in ein paar Wochen / Monaten in meinen Player geschoben und nicht irgendeine Vimeo-Seite angesurft...

Ist schon echt schade, dass einer wie Kenn, der so viel Herzblut in seine letzten Releases (Hindsight, Dancing with the Past, jetzt diese Live-Abschiedsshow) gesteckt hat und so tolle, wertige Packages zusammengestellt hat, dabei anscheinend sogar noch finanziell mehr reinsteckt, als er rausbekommt.
And the lessons that we‘ve learned have all been learned in the hard way
And soon there‘ll be nothing to deny

(New Model Army - Hard Way)
Maedhros

Beitrag von Maedhros »

Sehr schade. Die potentielle Kundschaft scheint wohl deutlich kleiner zu sein, als ich das mal ganz naiv für eine Band wie Anacrusis erwartet hätte. Wird für mich dann auch der Download, zumindest ein bisschen finanzielle Unterstützung für Kenn
"I hate Illinois Nazis"
danzig

Beitrag von danzig »

Here we go again :kratz:

Hello again (yes, I know...). After receiving MUCH feedback on the cancellation of the physical release, I have decided that I WILL go ahead with the deluxe blu-ray version only. Another change is that in addition to the concert and all the bonus content it will also include the 2-CD audio version as well. This will likely not be available until sometime in early October. Decisions like this are not easy to make with the current state of things which affects everything from production times, postage/shipping times, etc. However, most of these things don't seem to matter as much to our fans as maybe I thought they would. The other problem is in trying to figure out how to please as many fans as possible, since pleasing everyone will obviously never happen. After putting in so much time not only with editing the concert, but also with the artwork/layout, disc authoring and all the rest of course I would like to have this concert available in physical form and I apparently am not alone in this.

Another major factor in deciding to simply stream the show was that I was eager to make it available and did not want to wait another 6 weeks or more to even be able to ship it. This doesn't seem to be a problem for most fans either. Sorry to those of you who have paid for the digital version as it was never my intention to have people paying for the show twice. I have also decided to go with the blu-ray not only becasue it looks so much better, but becasue the capacity allows for much more content in the highest possible quality. In doing a limited release like this, it just is not possible to have all possible formats available. I honestly would not have expected so many people wanting a physical audio CD version, but a LOT of you have asked for this. Another issue is that the packaging is always a balancing act since one additional ounce literally doubles the shipping cost. The new format will be an eight-panel digipak (hi, Matt!) with 1 blu-ray containing the regular and extended versions of the the concert and bonus material, 2 audio CDs and a 16-page booklet.

So, at the risk of sounding completely schizophrenic, I am apologetically excited to tell those of you that just HAVE to hold this concert in your hands, that your dreams will come true after all.   And for those of you who would just like to throw down a few bucks and watch the concert, the digital version will also still be available.
BOW FOR THE KODEX
Flossensauger

Beitrag von Flossensauger »

Maedhros hat geschrieben: 28.08.2020 12:46 Sehr schade. Die potentielle Kundschaft scheint wohl deutlich kleiner zu sein, als ich das mal ganz naiv für eine Band wie Anacrusis erwartet hätte.
Nach seinem Auftritt am KIT hatte er paar Tage später noch in Rheine im Hypothalamus gespielt. Die 35 anwesenden (wovon am Ende vielleicht 20 wegen der Musik noch da waren) hat er persönlich mit Handschlag verabschiedet.

Soviel zur "Grösse". Das ich dies auch Schade findet und es skandaliert werden sollte (nackt irgendwo anketten zB., auf Facebook moppern) muss ich ja nicht betonen.

Für mich ist download halt nix. Entweder phyisch oder live. Am besten beides zusammen.
hellj

Beitrag von hellj »

Flossensauger hat geschrieben: 31.08.2020 16:08
Maedhros hat geschrieben: 28.08.2020 12:46 Sehr schade. Die potentielle Kundschaft scheint wohl deutlich kleiner zu sein, als ich das mal ganz naiv für eine Band wie Anacrusis erwartet hätte.
Nach seinem Auftritt am KIT hatte er paar Tage später noch in Rheine im Hypothalamus gespielt. Die 35 anwesenden (wovon am Ende vielleicht 20 wegen der Musik noch da waren) hat er persönlich mit Handschlag verabschiedet.

Soviel zur "Grösse". Das ich dies auch Schade findet und es skandaliert werden sollte (nackt irgendwo anketten zB., auf Facebook moppern) muss ich ja nicht betonen.

Für mich ist download halt nix. Entweder phyisch oder live. Am besten beides zusammen.
Gibts ja jetzt doch!Somit hab wohl nicht nur ich ihm eine Mail geschrieben und auf eine physische Version bestanden...

In Rheine hatte ich mich noch länger mit ihm unterhalten, mir fällt kaum ein sympathischerer Musiker ein.
Flossensauger

Beitrag von Flossensauger »

Ja, wir beide haben auch kurz die Flossen geschüttelt.
Maedhros

Beitrag von Maedhros »

Wird das wieder über den zuerst angegebenen Link zu beziehen sein oder gibt's einen anderen?
"I hate Illinois Nazis"
A L B I

Beitrag von A L B I »

Von Facebook:

We're happy to announce An Evening With ANACRUSIS is now available!

This deluxe 3-DISC set contains 1 Blu-ray disc containing the full 2019 Reunion Concert in HD (regular and extended versions) plus more than 2 hours of bonus material spanning the band's entire career from the very beginning right through the once-in-a-lifetime reunion show which included all six original recording members.

To order visit

https://anacrusis.bigcartel.com/

Thanks!

***If you'd like your's signed by me (Kenn) please let me know in your PayPal order comments
hellj

Beitrag von hellj »

Sowas von bestellt!!!
wolverin

Beitrag von wolverin »

Hat hier schon einer etwas bekommen? :kratz:
Wenn Slayer wieder auf Tour gehen würden, würde Corona seine Ausbreitung canceln.
Maedhros

Beitrag von Maedhros »

Am 20. Oktober hat Kenn gepostet, dass es ein paar Verzögerungen gab, er aber da mit rechnet, die Blurays in etwa einer Woche zu bekommen.
"I hate Illinois Nazis"
wolverin

Beitrag von wolverin »

Maedhros hat geschrieben: 25.10.2020 10:38 Am 20. Oktober hat Kenn gepostet, dass es ein paar Verzögerungen gab, er aber da mit rechnet, die Blurays in etwa einer Woche zu bekommen.
Sehr schön. :D
Wenn Slayer wieder auf Tour gehen würden, würde Corona seine Ausbreitung canceln.
Antworten