Kenn Nardi "Dancing with the past"

Das Knüppelforum für alle Death/Black/Thrash/Grind Fans
Feindin
Re: Kenn Nardi "Dancing with the past"

Beitrag von Feindin »

Shipment Notification :)
Memory, prophecy and fantasy -
the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is wisdom.
To use it is the Art.
hellj

Beitrag von hellj »

Go, shippo go!
A L B I

Beitrag von A L B I »

jupp :)
GoTellSomebody
Stammposter
Stammposter

Beitrag von GoTellSomebody »

Angekommen. Schickes Digipak mit dickem Booklet, kleinem Poster und persönlichem Gruß. Großartig.
Maedhros

Beitrag von Maedhros »

Bei mir auch angekommen. Jetzt brauch ich nur noch nen BluRay Player
"I hate Illinois Nazis"
A L B I

Beitrag von A L B I »

GoTellSomebody hat geschrieben: 18.11.2020 15:23 Angekommen. Schickes Digipak mit dickem Booklet, kleinem Poster und persönlichem Gruß. Großartig.
Ich hab meins gerade geliefert bekommen. Nur kann ich das was du da schreibst so ganz und gar nicht bestätigen.
Das ist das wohl billigste und unstabilste Digipack was ich je in den Händen gehalten hab. Die BluRay bzw. die 2 CDs sind nicht gepresst sondern nur gebrannt . Von einer Deluxe Edition zu dem Preis hab ich mir aber was ganz anderes an Qualität versprochen. Das Ganze ist dermaßen labbrig und die Scheiben fallen einem gleich entgegen.
Angehört bzw. angeguckt hab ichs bis jetzt noch nicht. Der Inhalt wird zweifelsfrei grandios sein. Aber was die gesamte Gestaltung und Beschaffenheit der Verpackung betrifft und das die 3 Scheiben nicht mal gepresst sondern nur gebrannt sind, enttäuscht mich schwer :(

Einen persönlichen Gruß hab ich übrigens bis jetzt nicht entdeckt?!?
GoTellSomebody
Stammposter
Stammposter

A L B I hat geschrieben: 19.11.2020 16:05
GoTellSomebody hat geschrieben: 18.11.2020 15:23 Angekommen. Schickes Digipak mit dickem Booklet, kleinem Poster und persönlichem Gruß. Großartig.
Ich hab meins gerade geliefert bekommen. Nur kann ich das was du da schreibst so ganz und gar nicht bestätigen.
Das ist das wohl billigste und unstabilste Digipack was ich je in den Händen gehalten hab. Die BluRay bzw. die 2 CDs sind nicht gepresst sondern nur gebrannt . Von einer Deluxe Edition zu dem Preis hab ich mir aber was ganz anderes an Qualität versprochen. Das Ganze ist dermaßen labbrig und die Scheiben fallen einem gleich entgegen.
Angehört bzw. angeguckt hab ichs bis jetzt noch nicht. Der Inhalt wird zweifelsfrei grandios sein. Aber was die gesamte Gestaltung und Beschaffenheit der Verpackung betrifft und das die 3 Scheiben nicht mal gepresst sondern nur gebrannt sind, enttäuscht mich schwer :(

Das finde ich ja richtig blöd für dich. ich habe vor viereinhalb jahren ein Konzert mit Kenn Nardi veranstaltet, seitdem habe ich Kontakt zu ihm. Ken hat mir das ohne Bestellung zugeschickt, ich hoffe es gibt keine zwei Varianten.
A L B I

Beitrag von A L B I »

GoTellSomebody hat geschrieben: 19.11.2020 16:33
A L B I hat geschrieben: 19.11.2020 16:05

Das finde ich ja richtig blöd für dich. ich habe vor viereinhalb jahren ein Konzert mit Kenn Nardi veranstaltet, seitdem habe ich Kontakt zu ihm. Ken hat mir das ohne Bestellung zugeschickt, ich hoffe es gibt keine zwei Varianten.
Also alle von denen ich weiß, die es bestellt und mittlerweile geliefert bekommen haben, sind genau so enttäuscht und bestätigen das alles leider.
A L B I

Beitrag von A L B I »

Jetzt folgt der Supergau....
Die BluRay spielt es bei mir nicht ab :ka: :(
Apparition

Beitrag von Apparition »

Gut, dass ich mich zurückgehalten habe. So gern ich Kenn habe, aber da reicht dann doch der (hervorragende) Download.
That is delightful news for someone who cares.
hellj

Beitrag von hellj »

So, angekommen isses, signiert isses, Poster ist dabei, die Materialqualität ist in der Tat grausam, aber was solls, nicht schön , aber selten. -jetzt nur noch Zeit für nen gemütlichen Videoabend haben...und nen BluRay-Player...
GoTellSomebody
Stammposter
Stammposter

„OK, everybody. Someone pointed out to me that there was quite a bit of complaining or feeling "ripped off" about the new release after receiving a copy. Let me start by saying that anyone who is not 100% happy with the content or anything else can email me directly here: anacrusisofficial@gmail.com and I will refund the $ 25 for the concert. I consider myself a man who places integrity above all else and this release was done completely in response to fans who insisted on a physical release. As many of you know, I had originally refunded everyone's orders and had planned to upload the show for free to youtube just to have it available.

If I seem defensive it is because I am. Let me explain to you why.

When we decided to do this one-off off gig I wanted it to be something very, very special. We decided we wanted all six members to take part and I wanted the stage setup and light show to be something exclusively for this gig. I also knew that some people would be traveling from Europe and other places and did not just want another basic "reunion" gig. We spent months relearning about 2/3 of our catalog with 3 line-ups, which is not at all easy when everyone worked regular jobs and many members play in other bands. I personally payed for the lighting, cameras and did all the stage design myself which I also paid for. Obviously, I wasn't playing this show to make money. Everything went well, the show felt very good for us and I was happy to capture it all on multi-track audio and HD video for everyone who could not attend to enjoy.

I can't even estimate how many hours I spent on editing 30+ hours of video (10 cameras) in addition to the audio and layout/design. That does not include the nearly 20 bonus clips which were synched and edited from a couple dozen old VHS shows. Of course, after all that work I wanted to make a physical version, but in today's environment this was a real challenge. Another challenge is that so many Anacrusis fans live outside the U.S.. I wanted to do Blu-ray becasue the picture is much better than DVD. With 5 hours of video, this of course required dual layer 50GB BR discs, which not many companies do in smaller quantities. I did have contact with a few small labels but none really saw any profit in releasing anything but the cheapest possible formats like CD (almost no one buys CDs any more or DVD which would have not included any of the bonus video which was important to me as part of this show. In the end, I decided I would simply upload it for free. People said they wanted a physical release. So, after looking at all possible options (and I do mean ALL) I decided it would be too costly for the fans overseas becasue if you don't know what I ended up going with still costs $14 to ship (I'll get back to this). After I returned everyone money for the original orders, still people said they wanted a physical version, so I compromised the best I could, based on what I wanted to do and what the majority of people said they would like to have, (which was better quality and audio discs). I only write all of this to emphasize this product was NOT done to make me money.

Now, a little info for anyone who doesn't know about pressing product, etc. There are 2 methods of manufacturing; duplication and replication. Replication is more expensive and no one will do this for under 1,000 units. No way did I want to spend over $10,000 out of pocket just to have hundreds of units sitting in my basement. So, in order to do it AT ALL, I decided on duplication. That was my only practical option. The image quality, etc is no different though some feel it is "cheap". These were manufactured and printed professionally, not like me running them off on my PC or something.

Now the packaging...The paper stock and booklet are IDENTICAL to a digiPAK. The only difference is no plastic trays (which double the shipping weight). The Digihub uses the little rubber holders instead, but is in every other way identical to what we used for Hindsight and my solo album (same company too). DigiHUB was the only option to have what I believed would be a nice layout. I am completely happy with the artwork and booklet, which was definitely not "thrown together". I would have preferred didPAK, but the weight of this with booklet and 3 discs would have pushed the shipping to $25 instead of $14. Who the hell wants to pay as much for shipping as the product? Not me. I could have just said "fuck Europe" and done it for U.S. fans, but most of you know that is not how I do things and of course we appreciate all or fans. People mentioning other less expensive releases need to keep in mind that quantity=less expense. To do a few hundred in obviously more costly than a few thousand. Think about t-shirts. This show was NOT mass produced and I clearly said in the ad and description that this was a digiHUB.

Having said all that, it is indeed insulting to hear some of the comments. Absolutely NO ONE told me $25 for 5 hours of HD video content and 2 full CDs full of audio was too high. Again if you feel like this is not worth your money, please email me at anacrusisofficial@gmail.com for a refund. Having spent several thousand dollars (and as many hours) I cannot refund shipping. Also, these do not seem to work on PS gaming systems. Nothing I can do about that. I personally tested everything on about a dozen different players. You can never know what will happen with all players. Again, I'll refund your money if you ask. Also, absolutely NOTHING was done to save money aside from charging fans another $10 shipping. DigiPAK and DigiHUB are not much different in cost to me (if at all).

For everyone else, I thank you for always supporting me and the band and I hope you enjoy the show.“

Quelle: Facebook-Seite Kenn Nardi
Feindin

Beitrag von Feindin »

Meine BR springt bei Butchers Block und es geht erst mit dem letzten Song von Part 1 (hab den Titel grad nicht im Kopf) weiter :(
Memory, prophecy and fantasy -
the past, the future and the dreaming moment between -
are all one country, living one immortal day.
To know that is wisdom.
To use it is the Art.
Apparition

Beitrag von Apparition »

Klassischer Fall von verhoben. Da wäre ein Partner, der logistisch und von den Kosten her ein ordentliches Produkt hätte stemmen können, vielleicht doch die bessere Option gewesen. Ich bin sicher, daran hätte ein gutes Label, vielleicht sogar Metal Blade, Interesse gehabt. Die gebrannten Discs sind leider ein völliges NoGo.
That is delightful news for someone who cares.
A L B I

Beitrag von A L B I »

Feindin hat geschrieben: 28.11.2020 10:48 Meine BR springt bei Butchers Block und es geht erst mit dem letzten Song von Part 1 (hab den Titel grad nicht im Kopf) weiter :(
Ich bekomm meine Blu-ray gar nicht zum Laufen (PS 3) und hab sie auch andere Personen auf deren Blu-ray-Playern testen lassen. Auch da leider Fehlanzeige :(
Antworten